Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring

Without appearing overly optimistic, I am going to venture out on a limb and predict that Spring has finally come to the mountain!
Time to:
Mow
Plant some things
Clean the pollen off of all of the outdoor furniture
Watch the grape vines with baited breath, hoping this will be the year
Beware of where I step and always be mindful that snakes have the right-of-way
Put away the heat lamps and get out the fans for the dogs
Remember that I can not use sun screen left over from last summer
Continue the diet.......summer clothes are unforgiving
Rebuild the pond ......45 years of neglect has left only a large hole
Finish all of the projects I began over the winter
Clean out the closets
Do at least one good thing every day for someone else
Never forget the clock is ticking....and I am in the 4th quarter

This year, I think I will try harder than ever to let the seasons dictate my mental agenda. That being said, I will try and honor spring in its true sense of rebirth, renewal and growth. I want to read more, learn more, try to understand more, and grow a bit more outside the confines of my environment.
And I shall begin that conquest just as soon as I finish watching American Idol! Some things never change........no matter how good the intentions.