Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dogs in Winter

If you get tired of looking at pictures of my rescued dogs (all but Bob), you can by-pass this post.

But I do love them and never cease to be in awe of their uniqueness, their individual personalities and the fact that despite coming from difficult beginnings, how they have persevered and flourished in a loving environment.

There are a lot of articles and even a book written about how everything you need to know about life, you can learn from a dog. I am someone who can verify that no truer words exist. I have learned so much about my own life, forgiveness, redemption, the natural order of things, and how we can all triumph over adversity just by observing these guys for the past seven years.

I suppose it is sort of late in the day for me to be learning some of these lessons, but as it is with the examples they have set with their lives, it is never too late........and you really CAN teach an old dog new tricks!



Rudy snuggled into his sleeping bag, inside his house

.



Bob the Beagle tracking big game.




Maggie, tucked into her house and sleeping bag.



Mary, out for a brief stroll in the snow.
The miraculous thing about this is that on Wednesday, Mary could not walk. Her back legs would not support her so she was completely immobile. Thanks to my good friend, Dr. Bob in Hot Springs, and a lot of TLC and a completely controlled environment, she is up and around again.



If you had any doubt about the depth of the snow here, Amber (120 pound chocolate lab) is knee deep into an adventure.




This is Teddy.......I do believe sometimes this boy poses for the camera.