Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Greg Harrington's thoughts on Michael Jackson

I have a very intellectual and intuitive friend who often provides me with a deeper meaning to surface issues. When we exchanged our reflections after the Michael Jackson service yesterday, what he said seems so potent, so soul searching, I asked him if I might share it with you.
So take a moment and enjoy the thoughts of my friend, Greg Harrington, of The Bella in Kansas City:

"I think these moments of reflection (e.g. MJ's death), are "our" opportunities to grow.
They take us to a place where we step outside ourselves, and...you know..reflect.
It gives us a brief moment to see all that we are, and all that we are not. And this hurts. And this feels good. And this is scary.
So here it is:
I hurt. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's not. I want to be perfect too, and I am not. I just watched about an hour of (mostly poor quality) versions of his videos online. AND EVEN IN ITS GRAINY LOW QUALITY, I WAS AWED.
The dance...the moves..the wardrobe...the perfection.
I wonder...could he have made these amazing moments and videos alone? Was HE the prescient, or were there "scores" of wardrobe people and choreographers on set when they were shooting? Did they stop shooting, and send someone out to find the perfect belt/shirt/hat/shoes?
However he created those works...I am awed.
Have I created that? Have I created masterful works of anything?
No.
I wonder what my life would be like if I "really" went all out? What if I really went "to the mat"? For everything. What if I went "all out" for things that are more important to me?
I am scared to find out.
I am sad, I am scared, but I know one thing...
...I am now thinking about these things.
Are you?

Greg
I have a theme song for who I am...do you?"


Thank you Greg, for asking us all to think about these things. and maybe, just MAYBE see what it would be like if we did "go all out".
Peace and Love to All,
Betty