Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Amber

This is Amber.
She is a 4 year old chocolate lab I rescued from a shelter when she was five months old. Some people think she is a little, um, "overweight"........I think they use the word "fat" behind my back. But I guess I am so used to her this size I don't really notice she doesn't have a neck and when she runs, she looks more like a brown bear cub. This troubles me somewhat since one of my neighbors has been known to carry a gun in his car and he seems to like to shoot things. So, this past year, Amber made the transition from outside mountain dog to inside polite and mannerly young lady. As you might suspect, Amber doesn't fit into tight spaces, so she has to plan her routes very carefully. Although she has the body of a lion, she has the heart of a lamb and is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever had the pleasure of making friends with. She is terribly shy and doesn't seem to mind being bossed around by her best friend, the 30-pound bob the Beagle.